To kickstart your kids IQ development early in the age so that to perform better in school? You may want to take a look at this awesome toy. There are lots of many coding toys for kids out in the market, one of which, named Algobrix, is the latest coding game to help children learn to code in a quicker, easier and fun way.
If you are looking for an alternative educational coding toy for kids, here is another one we recommend, called Code-A-Pillar.
So before we dive into the topic, you may wonder how could this product possibly help your child with coding, as it is just playing with a robot toy? Well, the system itself is what’s helping them, if they want the robot to spin, they will have to insert an Algobrix command and tell robots what to do next. In this way, children would develop logical thinking and understanding toward the toy.
Algobrix | The Ultimate Coding Learning Game
Overview and features
Algobrix coding game is fun and educational for children to develop critical/logical thinking, which serves as the cornerstone in building their interest in the IT and engineering fields. Children will find this game addictive. Similar to Lego, but an advanced and up-to-date version.
Features in an Algobrix kit
- Buddy robots (300 pieces and 2 motors) — They have to build the buddy robot out of the Lego blocks provided
- 20 Activity cards — Adding fun to the game by completing all mission (3 levels of difficulty).
- 1 Activity board — A board with trails so that kids can learn how to solve the problem by themselves.
- 12 Parameter blocks — The corresponding counterpart of function blocks so that to work together to carry out a command.
- 6 Function blocks — The main body to control the robot, such as move in directions, make sounds, light up, etc.
Customer’s Thought and Discussion
Pros – What we love
- 3 Levels of difficulty — Suitable for kids in the ages of 4 to 14.
- Educational and Fun— Develop their critical thinking, problem-solving and logical thinking skills.
- Powered by either battery (regular AA) or cables
- Work with LEGO™ building blocks
Cons – Things to Improve
- High in price
- Quality concern — Easy to break.
Compare to Other Similar Products
Algobrix versus Beebots
Algobrix does have some competition with other similar coding toys companies, one of which is called Beebots. Beebots are already being used in some schools. Unlike Algobrix, the Beebots uses devices like phones, iPads, tablets, iPods, etc. to get their commands and you could press the commands via your device or the physical button on Beebots. You can also play games with the Beebots either on your electronic device by downloading the app or you can make your own course by inserting direction commands into the robot. It is very simple and easy to operate.
Algobrix, on the other hand, is more child-friendly than Beebots. There are multiple ways of controlling the toy, and it’s simple and easy to operate. As a plus, the bots in the Algobrix respond to sound command. Also, since Algobrix is built from Lego bricks, it is easier to carry, move around and to keep them.
Overall, the Algobrix is a child-friendly game and aims to help children to have fun yet learning at the same time. Through various missions and command sequences, this toy kick-starts the early development of critical thinking,problem-solving and logical thinking.
Best of all, it’s compatible with LEGO™ building blocks which you might already have in your house. This product is highly recommended.
Algobrix is now available on Kickstarter starts at only $125. It will be retail for $210 after the early bird sale, the quantity is limited, check the link below for latest pricing and availability.